What is ONEinspect?
ONEinspect is an integrated debugging and testing environment. It greatly simplifies realtime debugging and testing of your embedded application.
With ONEinspect you can debug, test, and monitor your system at any time and from anywhere in the world, provided you can connect to it.
With ONEinspect you can see every static variable in number of ways, plot charts, create custom visualisations, write custom testcases with built-in scripting engine and perform many other tasks. With the ability to store compressed debug information directly into your target nonvolatile memory, you will always have up to date read and write access to your memory, regardless of the version of the embedded software that currently runs on your target platform.
In addition you can perform many routine tasks, such as downloading new firmware, uploading memory contents, monitoring state machines in terminal services, assigning serial numbers and more.
With the support of any MCU family (with up to 32-bit wide addressing space), any publicly documented format of debugging information (DWARF, COFF, OMF etc.), any communication protocol and any communication line driver ONEInspect becomes universally applicable in every conceivable embedded applications. The only thing you need is at least one communication link between your embedded system and computer.
- debug, test, and monitor your system at any time and from anywhere in the world
- see every static variable in number of ways, plot charts, create custom visualisations
- write custom testcases with built-in scripting engine
- store compressed debug information directly in your target nonvolatile memory
- always have up to date read and write access to your memory, regardless of the version of the embedded software that currently runs on your target platform
- download new firmware, upload memory contents
- monitor state machines in built-in terminal services
- assign serial numbers and store them in your target nonvolatile memory
- native application, no dependencies on external runtime libraries and redistributables
- and many more features
What modules are shipped with the ONEinspect installation package?
ONEinspect is a software toolset consisting of following modules:
- Main ONEinspect executable file
- The FormatConverter command line utility
- Communication driver plugins
- Communication protocol plugins
- Debug information loader plugins
- Application codec plugins
- Ansi C compatible Target Library, which implements the Basic communication protocol
ONEinspect is also shipped with many examples:
- Target Library samples for various microcontroller families, you will find them in the tlib directory.
- Sample communication drivers and protocols in different IDEs that make it very easy to implement your custom communication drivers and protocols, you will find them in the samples directory.
- Sample projects showing the many features of ONEinspect. You will find them again in the samples directory.