What is the application range of ONEinspect?
You can use ONEinspect for wide range of applications:
- ONEinspect is suitable for all types of 8-, 16-, 32-bit microcontrollers, DSPs and other types of embedded processors.
- ONEinspect is suitable for applications written in C, C++, assembly language and other languages. Default Target Library code has been written in C language.
- ONEinspect supports all modern IDEs (integrated development environments) and compiler toolchains capable of producing debug information according to the DWARF Debugging Standard encoded into ELF object file. But it may be used even without debug info or with other debug information formats than ELF/DWARF.
- ONEinspect's integrated downloader supports Intel HEX or Motorola S19 output file formats. Other formats can be implemented and used as plugins.
- ONEinspect can be used even to monitor and visualise processes in PLCs and other systems, it can work as a SCADA system. Only a corresponding communication protocol plugin is required.
- ONEinspect can be used to monitor safety critical applications. The Target Library has been Lint checked and generally complies to the MISRA-C standard. But even if you don't trust our Target Library code, you can use your own code instead because the communication with ONEinspect is lightweight and very easy to implement.
- ONEinspect can communicate even with your existing communication protocol. You only need to implement a communication protocol plugin for ONEinspect or allow the default Basic communication protocol to be tunnelled via your existing protocol.
- You can use ONEinspect even for remote realtime debugging or monitoring your PC or mobile application software if your linker produces debug info in supported format.